Find Sanctuary: Mending your soul.


Duke Chapel (Durham, NC)

Whether it's a chapel space, a coffee shop or a yoga mat- find your sanctuary.
Tired, fighting a cold,
Head a little heavy,
It has been a long week,
Chores need to be done,
Finances are low,
Need more sleep,
But things need to get done.
I am here. 
Distracted,
Sitting,
Breathing,
Sipping,
Thinking,
Worrying,
Chest tightens,
My vessels constrict,
Why am I here? 
My eyelids are heavy,
I take a breathe.
My lungs fill,
My chest collapses. 
I took a look around 
and I settle in.
I am here. 
And here I rest. 

My yoga studio
The coffee house chatter is loud,
But I hear music.
The choirs of angels singing.
My shoulders relax.
I can feel each and every breath.
I am falling.
Falling in a trance. 
I come to you Father,
again and again.
You are my resting place,
My sleep.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with a girl named Borderline Personality Disorder: A Short Tale of My Relationship

My Coffee is Warm

Rugged Where You Are.