Something to Remember

Psalm 66:1-5 reads (in my ESV)

Shout for joy to God, all the earth;
sing the glory of his name;
give him glorious praise!

Say to God, "How awesome are your
deeds!
So great is your power that your
enemies come cringing to you.
All the earth worships you
and sings praises to you;
they sing praises to your name."

I read this one morning and thought, "yeah, you're right. God is so great." It really lifted my spirits.

Every day is different. How I feel in the morning is not necessarily the way I'll feel in the evening. If something is good early in the day, it might not be later. The point is that things change. The Lord does not change though. I, because of my ever-changing moods and mentalities, need to be reminded of God's goodness, his very worthy and deserving goodness. The danger is in forgetting. I'm thankful scripture reminded me, yet again, to lift my eyes and heart to the Lord God of heaven and earth.

God has been good to me. Has he been good to you?

My son has it good. Better than I ever did. He doesn't really know that though and I don't think he ever really will. Should I expect my son to thank me for surrounding him with the life and love that he gets at home? I don't think so. I just glad to do that for him, because I know the consequences of not surrounding him with such attributes and qualities. He loves though...I know that much.

If you haven't had it rough then you might not know how awesome God is. Maybe you've never had to really work for something or ever been poor. It could be that you've never had to worry about anything in your life and can't fathom why you should thank God for providing something for you. Maybe you have felt depressed lately and don't feel like "shouting for joy to God." Maybe all you feel is mad about something rotten that has happened to you? Maybe your mind is consumed with some other future plans or events?

Whatever you may be feeling or may be preoccupied with we need to be reminded of how awesome God is, because the danger is in forgetting. There are numerous things vying for our attention and there exists "noise-barriers"to drown out The Word of the Lord. May you hear it again today, and may you be lifted up to be reminded of how good our Lord is. May you also be lifted up to hear to praise of heaven and the choir of angels sing the familiar praise "Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty. The earth is full of his glory."
Amen!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with a girl named Borderline Personality Disorder: A Short Tale of My Relationship

My Coffee is Warm

Rugged Where You Are.