I was Annoyed, but then I was Blessed

Interruptions,
Distractions,
It's one of those days.


When I don't get started ontime,
     It throws me off,
My head hurts,
     My heart beats faster,
     I feel tension growing within me.


Anxiety mounting,
      My breath is faster, more rapid, shorter.
I feel that pain in my head again, 
     It's sharp,
It's near the crown of my head, but
     Not totally.


Breathe,
      Slow,
        Calm,
          Relax,
            Sit,
              Stop,
                Listen.


Don't be thrown off.
Return again to me,
Inhale,
Let it out.

Loving God, we give you thanks for restoring us in your image and nourishing us with spiritual food in the sacrament of Christ's body and blood. Now send us forth a people, forgiven, healed, renewed; that we may proclaim your love to the world and continue in the risen life of Christ our Savior. 
Amen.

I was thrown off, allowed myself to get annoyed with distractions,
Then I came to you,
And your restored me with spiritual food
And blessed me with renewal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with a girl named Borderline Personality Disorder: A Short Tale of My Relationship

My Coffee is Warm

Rugged Where You Are.