Who Am I?


I am,
I am strong,
I am courageous.

I am a father,
I am a dad,
I am a son,
I am a man.

I am determined,
I am driven,
I am a self-starter.

I am fearless,
I am fearful,
I am a survivor,
I am a failure,
But I never quit,
Never.

I am hopeful,
I am committed,
I am scattered,
But I am centered.

I am a mess,
I am greater than the sum of my parts.

I am alive,
I feel everything,
I am here.

I am a success,
I have achieved many goals in my life.
I have made many mistakes too.

I am thick-headed,
I am self-conscious,
I am self-aware, too self-aware,
I am grounded,
I have grand visions and dreams.

I am full of energy,
So much energy,
I am full of passion,
So much passion,
I am full of breath,
So much breath,
I am full of life,
So much of life,
I am full of hope,
So much hope.

I have experienced pain,
So much pain,
I have been hurt,
So much hurt,
I have been betrayed,
Backstabbed,
Lied to,
Taken advantage of,
Robbed,
Had my heart broke,
Made to feel lesser than.
People take and they take and they take,
And I just keep on giving.
I have so much to give.

I have never been "good enough."
I will never "measure up."
I don't have enough money,
I don't have the right degree,
I don't have the nicest things,
But I have the fullest heart.

I am grateful,
I am so grateful.
I am beautifully made.
I am uniquely gifted.
I have an open heart.
I have love for you,
So much love.
I am here
And I will continue to be here.

I am righteous,
And I am so unrighteous.
I am spiritual,
And I don't give a shit.

This is who I am,
All of me,
Here I am.

I am me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with a girl named Borderline Personality Disorder: A Short Tale of My Relationship

My Coffee is Warm

Rugged Where You Are.