"What do you want to do?"


Lately people have been asking me, "So, what are you looking for?"

People have read my posts and have known that I'm working in a position that I don't currently love, nor does it utilize my gifts and education. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for what I'm doing and I'm meeting wonderful people, but it's not where I want to stay. I'm grateful to pay my bills (...most of them, lol 😕), but I need something more reliable and steady. I have people to support now and for many more years to come.

"What do I want to do?" I've been asking myself, because people keep asking me. 

"What am I good at?" So many questions I ask myself. 

I am good at a ton of shit. I'm debating writing all the things I know I'm good at and competent in here, but, at the same time, I feel, in doing so, I fighting for approval here. I have plenty of experience doing lots of things. I have always accomplished most or all of my goals, but I don't want to win your approval. I'm just here sharing my heart and journey. I'm not here shouting, "HIRE ME!" That's my first reflex, but, then you'll ask, "What are you good at?", "What do you want to do?", right? 

So here's what I really want to say to you (who have asked):
I want...
I'm looking to...
I...help others.
...help others feel great about themselves. 
...encourage people. 
...befriend the friendless.
...love the unlovable.
...make strong the weak.
...give my life away so that others will live.
...give strength to the tired.
...give courage to the cowardly.
...make more healthy
...make something better than how I found it. 

And, I still want to write. I want to write and write and write. I want to write and video other people. I want to share other people's stories and journeys, because other people are so dang interesting.

This is what I want to say.

But, what others need to hear is, something like, marketing or management or digital whatever. 

"What do I want to do?"

I want to hang out with my kids, take trips to Chicago and spend more time with my family and friends there. I want to take my kids on an annual trip to Chicago to watch a Bear's game. I want take my kids to the movies. I would like to be able to go oversees and see another country. I want heat in my home, gas in my tank, groceries and the ability to pay rent. This is what I want to do. 


"What do I want to do?"

Right now, I really want to obtain my yoga teacher certification. I want to coach my kid's sports teams. I want to make Raleigh, where I live, a better place. Or maybe it's Durham or someplace close. 

"What do I want to do?"

I want to feel energized about what I'm doing and not anxiety and tightening in my neck and shoulders the moment I think about going into work. 

That's what I want to do.

From the deepest sincerity in my heart,
  
Peace be with you!















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with a girl named Borderline Personality Disorder: A Short Tale of My Relationship

My Coffee is Warm

Rugged Where You Are.